2018 MCIT TOURNAMENT RULES
1. MCIT (Music City Invitational Tournament) Is an IGBO member tournament open to men and women by invitation only. MCIT is a handicap competition sanctioned by the USBC, and will adhere to USBC rules. Participants must be a member of an IGBO league or approved by the Tournament Committee. Members of any organization identifying that individual as a professional bowler are not eligible to participate in the MCIT.
2. Certification Pursuant to Rule 300c, all participants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership (sanction card or signed statement from league secretary). If a participant is non USBC sanctioned member, he/she must pay the appropriate fee of $20 to become a member. All Non-IGBO entrants will be accessed an additional $50.00 fee which includes an associate membership to IGBO. Associate membership is good for one year.
3. Tournament Events MCIT tournament shall consist of Singles, Doubles, Team and Individual All-Events with bowlers only being allowed to bowl once in each event. Each event consists of 3 games per event and all entries must participate in all three event. Additionally optional Scratch and Scratch Masters Events will be offered.
4. Averages/Handicap Bowlers will use their highest regular season (fall/winter) USBC 2017-18 average (minimum 21 games) as of June 1, 2018. If no regular season average is available, bowlers may use their highest 2016-17 book average (minimum 21 games). Bowlers without one of the above may use their 2017 summer league average with 21 games or more. Bowlers without one of the above shall bowl with an average of 225. Handicap for the MCIT tournament shall be based upon 90% of the difference between the bowlers entering average, as determined above, and a scratch average of 225. Negative handicaps shall not apply. Bowlers who have qualified for a cash prize in excess of $300 or more in a single event, the combined prize money won in excess of $500 in a tournament, and/or the combined prize money won in excess of $1000 in all tournaments completed in within 12 months must report additional information including tournament, dates and prizes won to tournament Directors prior to bowling. Failure to comply could result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees and prize winnings (USBC Rule 319D). The average of any bowler may be adjusted by the tournament committee of any bowler in question prior to the start of their first event. If the assigned average is not accepted by the bowler, the entry fee shall be refunded. See Rule 319C
5. Verification Averages will be verified on www.bowl.com, www.leaguesecretary.com database and IGBO TAD database. Bowler must provide location of league scores. Correct USBC membership number must be provided on entry form. If average is not posted in in the above places, bowler must submit separate average verification form league secretary prior to June 30th, 2018
6. Awards/Prizes All cash awards shall be based on the total pins plus assigned handicap for each event (with the exception of the optional scratch events). Awards will be given in the Handicap Division for the best Singles, Doubles, Team and individual all Events. Award ratio for handicap division for Singles, Doubles and Team event shall be at a minimum of at least 1:8 and award ratio for individual All Events and Scratch division shall be 1:10. Prize fees will be returned 100%
7. Registration Tournament registration shall close on July 15, 2018 or when all available spots have been filed with a limit of 32 teams. Once the maximum of 32 teams has been reached a waiting list will be created. Once an entry is accepted, refunds will be only issued at the Tournament Committee’s discretion.
8. Entry Requirements and Fees Entry fees for 2018 MCIT are $100 and a non-participant fee is $35.00 all payable in US funds to MCIT. Personal Checks are only accepted before June 30th, 2018 after which the entry fee is payable by credit card or PayPal only. If payment is to be by check you will have to print an entry form and mail it to MCIT, C/O Mark Craig, 2916 starboard Drive, Nashville, Tn 37217. Entries are limited to 128 bowlers. Once this maximum has been reached, a waiting list will be created. Entrant’s acceptance will be based on order in which they are received. Once an entry has been accepted, refunds will only be issued at the Tournament Committee’s discretion/ Partial team entries will be accepted an the tournament committee will make every effort to fill vacancies.
Lineage is $27.00, Trophies 26.00, Prize Fund $24.25, IGBO fee $.50, Awards Banquet $18.75 and Expense fee $3.50. Additional optional fees for individual scratch division and Scratch Masters are located on the Entry Form.
9. Late Bowlers/Substitutes it shall be the sole responsibility of each bowler to be present at their assigned lane at the time of bowling without regard to transportation irregularities, improper directions, mechanical failures or any other reason. Late bowlers shall begin in the frame in which they are ready, with prior frames scored as zero (0). If a team member is not present, the team may use an authorized substitute as permitted by the tournament committee. If no substitute is available a score of zero will be used for the missing bowler.
10. Optional Scratch Events are available to all participants for an additional entry fee of $20.00 and can be paid at any time prior to bowling the first event. Divisions will be the same as the Scratch Masters. Prizes will be awarded in each division for the high scratch game, series and total all events with all three events being combined for game and series. Bowlers are only allowed to win one prize in each of the three categories.
11. Additionally Any rules not covered above, or by the USBC, or any disputes will be decided by the tournament committee and their decision are final.
The Scratch Masters competition, in conjunction with the MCIT is available to all participants for an additional fee depending on which division. Scratch Master entry fee can be paid at time of entry/registration or prior to the first ball rolled in completion. 100% of entry fee will be returned to the prize fund. All scores will be scratch, (no handicap) and will be run in 4 average divisions.
Division A: Average from 210 and up 50.00
Division B: Average from 190 to 209 45.00
Division C: Average from 170 to 189 35.00
Division D: Average from 150 to 169 30.00
Division E: Average from 0 to 149 20.00
Scratch Masters will begin at 1:00 PM on Sunday July 22, 2018
Scratch Masters check-in time will be 12:30PM on July 22, 2018 if a bowler has not checked in by the scheduled time, the alternate in that division will take their place. If no alternate is available the bowler will forfeit any prize money for that division.
During the Scratch Masters playoffs bowlers will have 2 balls on each lane practice prior to start of competition.
Scratch Masters playoff’s will be a step ladder final 5th seed bowling 4th seed in a one game roll off, winner bowling 3rd seed and so one.
Payoff of Scratch Masters will be 1st and 2nd place only in each division